~Attention! This is the smiley zone so please leave all the frowns outside!~

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Overall Impression~

Hiya my loyal palsss! Hinagiku has once again spared a generous bit of her precious time to grace the mundane floor of this blog to entertain all of you my lovely readers!!! ^.^ Hina~ is so happy to be of service of you all! In fact, Hina has pulled an all nighter to think about what to say here aaaaand what I decided to tell you is about… *drums magically appear and start rolling* A complete biography of my gorgeous life filled with magnificent, radiant, first-rated, incomp-

*shove Hina out of the chair* Fuuuh, that was close, a second away from having my poor dignity being mercilessly humiliated and rocketed to Saturn *sigh, ‘Why do I always start my entry with unnecessary self-exaltion that instead results me the opposite?’*

Ahem! Anyway putting that aside, I wish to type down what my overall opinions about my short study trip just to relieve them out of my head during the two weeks which I spent in the ground of Trinity College. Prior Warning! Tediously super looong post, separated conveniently into two parts in order to aid your visual endurance. Straighten up yer back, buckle up yer seat, and get ready for a ride on a laaasting but heart-throbbing adventure through the Appalachian mountain-range *or not* with me, Hinagiku, as yer magnificent tour guide!!! XXXD

Final advice, DON’T you dare backing out from the challenge and keep your mouse off the ‘back’ button!

Part 1

This part deliberates the events in week 1, The Persuassive World

Week 1 of the extensive Young Leaders Winter School programme was entitled ‘The Persuassive World’. As the name suggests, it’s focusing in the art of persuading people using tactical method and carefully constructed speech. The lecture took place in Swanston St Multimedia Room which is a part of The University of Melbourne. Every morning after consuming breakfast, we’re led by the mentors to the designated place to undertake our daily lectures.

Our teacher was a nice patient middle-aged woman whom always walked in class with a pleasant smile plastered on her lips. She taught us a lot of things, mainly related to human psychology as she is a psychologist herself, because persuassion strongly requires us to at least understand general human behaviours.

Her way of teaching was always interesting as she introduced us to the vast world of persuassion and slowly guided us to master the art of it. I personally think that her teaching was a persuassion itself because of the simple fact that I was completely entranced by her speaking skills. The words flowed out of her lips smoothly and she could effortlessly made such nicely-structured sentences which were heavily packed with knowledge and informations. Unlike my usual self, I always paid my full attention whenever she speaks up, and that was a feat itself. I consider myself to have such poor attention span and couldn’t focus for most of the time. But she seized my attention fully like a helpless fish on a hook without shedding a single sweat. Conclusion is, I extreeeeemely like her teaching and miss her terribly :’( Because I stupidly forget her name, let’s refer to her as ‘M’ (I am sure that her name is something that starts with M)

BOOO!!! WAKE UP! I know you’re falling asleep like about this point!!!

Here is an adorable super cute blinding-so-not-real-yellow chick pic for your tired eyes~



Chick: Alls yuu humooons mooust kept ryeding beecause pikoo issh sooooq cuteeeee!!! *blows chicken cherry-kisses * ^3^

Enough break? >:) Now on we go…

M told us a lot of intriguing facts about humans and their way of thinking, and every of it fascinated me. Her knowledge which was being shared to us weren’t typical ones like, broken home kids tend to have unstable minds, or criminals rob houses because of financial crisis, or how can young mothers execute abortion to their own fetus, or why McDonald’s has such stupid looking clown as its mascot, and etc. In fact, she gave us shocking details about what common people, like us, are capable of doing and why we do it. Yes, through her speech I went ‘aaah’ and ‘oooh’ without barely even blinking and practically digested every word with care and stored it safely in my mind.

It certainly will be useful someday as my basic weapon to face through life. After all, our lives are all about persuading people to do what we desire. It may seems selfish but think about it for a while. Without realizing it, we always and always base eveeeerything we say mainly for our own benefits. So the skills will certainly be handy at some point in life.

Let’s drop the formality here, and discuss something more aweeesome!!!

If you’re thinking that I’m a suuuuper geek for enjoying those kind of stupid lectures, take it back right now! Don’t make fun of M, she’s a really super incredibly all-filled-with-awesomeness-from-hair-to-toe ideal example of a teacher!!! I miss her heaps!!! M is downright and without doubt a-



*readers all reading with raised eyebrow*





*sigh* All right, all right, I’ll stop my incessant quacking right now! Would you like to hear my chicken-squawking instead? *A shoe comes colliding* Okay, okay, geez, lossen up a bit would ya, let’s get on with whatever I claim to be fun things.

As an example of the art of persuassion, we were given a chance to visit Melbourne Magistrates Court!!! Whooohooo!!! ……… What??? Now you’re asking me what’s so interesting about that? Let me tell you this, it’s super fun to see various handsome young men wearing those stupid curly white wigs and snicker about it to my seat mate during the court!!! >:D

It looks something like this!!! <3

Nah I’m kidding~, but I swear they did wear it! *although not as thick*

It’s interesting to see the process of legal courts and how fluent the defendants and assaultants can lash at each other through pure verbal war. I just love the three hours we spent there~ XD

And what I like the most about the fun stuffs was the rock climbing! It’s my first time of ever seeing such huuuge rock climbing indoor place! Here’s a picture of it:



I managed to get to the middle part but then I couldn’t reach out my fingers any further and so was forced to let go, sadly :( And the most scary part? You will do this climbing session with a partner, that means someone completely inexperienced from the Winter School and doesn’t have any slightest idea about climbing, and entrusts the safety life-bearing rope to her… *my partner was Huyen* Still don’t get it? It means that your partner has to make sure that the ropes won’t get tangled to each other and should always be ready to brake the rope in case the one climbing slips out or something. THAT’S SUPER SCARY, because the partner has to always focus in altering between ‘pulling’ and ‘braking’ *the steps should always be carried out quickly one after another*. We also need to let go out our holds completely to have out partner do the job if we wish to go down, and it means trusting our partner completely to handle our life *if you climb high enough, and mine can be considered as deadly enough* In fact, one of my friend had nearly had her butt smashed to the ground because her parner pulled the brake at the last second… O.O

The rest of the entertainment stuffs were: Game Show Night, Bollywood Dancing, Trivia Night, Karaoke Night, Zumba, Melbourne Discovery Tour, Melbourned DFO Shopping Excursion, and last Valedictory Dinner *I wore my batik dress and many people complimented me for it ^.^*

This is the end of part one, DON’T GRUMBLE just YET, cheer up a bit! Quirk a smile to yer face, if not possible just find and glue one up, I’ll summarize up the week 2 until it’s suuuper shooort!

Part 2

The perspective of SOCIAL JUSTICE

This week told me about Social Justice partaking in the world. I was given various speeches in a day about other people’s beliefs and the unique way they chose to devote their life to something.

I’ll just give you the most interesting one. From Phillip Wollen, Founder of Winsome Constance Kindness, he’s an admirable man who live the entire of his life according to his self-imposed life principle. He believes that humans are made to be vegetarians. He claimed that our teeth indicated that the molars, which take up most space in our mouth, are dedicated to ground on hard stems of plants and not to break up meat. If you take cow’s milk, then you’re taking the right of young calves. If you kill animals for consumption, then you’re taking the right of abundant food for predators.



He said that humans can’t just topple on the rights for animals just because we are of superior beings to them.

I quite don’t agree with this, mainly because of my Christian belief. When Israellite were stranded for years in the desert, they cried to God for food. So every day, God blessed them with flakes-like raw material for bread and told them to gather up what they need every morning. But soon Israelitte grew tired of it and once more demanded God to give them meat. So God sent massive flocks of birds which flew low to the Israellite’s camp so they were able to catch the birds easily. I believe in the Bible, and so I couldn’t accept his way of thinking because it would be contradictory for my belief of Christ.

But that didn’t mean I despise him or anything, he deserves to live his way as however he likes it, but I just chose not to implement it in my life.

We also went to NICA Circus Training to learn the basic arts of Circus. We were given everything from juggling, tightwire, hula hoops, aerial ring, flexibillity training, double-curtain, and many more. The thing I was best at was aerial ring. It involves you using your hands to grip the lower part of the ring which is stranded up in the air and pull your body up to sit on the ring. It is frightening, to successfully attain such act, you need to be upside down with only your hands supporting your body while you’re busy trying to sling both of your inner knees to rest in the inside of the circle. After that, you have to pull your body to be upright once more to sit in the loop.

~Official End~

Huwaaaaaah, holy huge hilly hind, that was suuuuper loooong! My shoulders feel like breaking and my eyes are suffering from major dehydration *can eyes experience dehydration?* !!! This might be my longest post so please don’t hail your hopes up for the next one, but don’t worry! I will still share you bits of my awesome life as often as I can! I know I am super inspirational and I’m proud of it! *get knocked out by a flying plasma TV*

Okaaaay folks~ I just received my third bumps for today because of my gorgeo- okay now that’s the fourth, so because you guys love me whole bunches, I guess I’ll rid myself of your super-awesome-for-putting-up-reading-to-this-point-readers eyes and go face some more awe-inspiring events in my life! Here are cookies for all of you! *throw some cookies* And I assure you that they’re certainly not some left-over expired Soy Joy cookie-bars my entire family have abandoned to eat any more because we agreed that it tasted gross and made of fake oat *wink* and lastly, Shame to all you readers who gave out reading in the middle because you’ve just lost your chance to read some life-worth impressive experiences given out generously by me, HinagikuHaven, the very girl whose blog you MUST read to increase your awesomeness level! ;p

DATTEBAYO!!!

~Woe is Her @ HinagikuHaven~

No comments:

Post a Comment