~Attention! This is the smiley zone so please leave all the frowns outside!~

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Me Rocccks~


Breaking news! Someone incredibly aweeesome is currently paving her glorious way into the global blog world! And YOU, who are currently locking your eyes into the screen right now and possibly frowning your foreheads in confusion *or in awe*, are extreeemely lucky for being chosen as limited premium readers who can take a glimpse of my awesome lif-

*cough* sorry, that was my more-narcissist self that was talking, I’ve locked her up now somewhere :)Buuuuuut really, I have some shooocking news to tell you guys! *drums roll* I FINALLY know HOW to change the super big title that I found out was actually called ‘Site Title’! Boooo yeah, take that confusing internet blogging site!!! *thumbs down to the screen* AAAAAND That’s not all!!! Yesterday I’ve just fixed my Tagline and background, aaaaand I am very satisfied with the result!!! *rocks came flying from all direction*

Okay okay I’ve talked enough nonsense, let’s get to the more serious part.
For my official first entry, I would like to start with telling you guys about a programme I’ve recently joined and lasted for a full two weeks. It was called ‘Young Leaders Winter School’, a special programme beginning on 1stJuly to 15thJuly specifically designed to dedicatedly nurture young willing teenagers’ minds to a more mature level. Located in the prestigious and secluded Trinity College, Melbourne Australia, I’ve experienced numerous valuable life-lessons and received more than I would have imagined possible in mere two weeks.

"My awesome friends from week 1" :D
“My awesome friends gathered together in the field of Trinity” :D
“Trinity College main office building”

At first, the mere thought of having to spend my valuable last days of holidays in an unfamiliar place for a lengthy amount of time (especially when it’s time for me to leave my home), didn’t amuse me in the slightest and I was not very enthusiastic about it. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that I didn’t appreciate the chance, it’s just… it’s that strange vibe you get when you know that you’ll certainly be separated from your precious home and family for a long time. Especially since I was aware that I would know no one there, everyone was a stranger to me, and I would be alone in the middle of mixed-races unfamiliar teenagers.

I was further discouraged by the ridiculously cold weather. I can tolerate cold temperature but it’s not your typical shivering cold, but rather biting unpleasant cold that made you feel that you’re standing naked under the mercy of the low temperature. I felt alienated even more.

The first day of entry, I hurried myself to my room and left my two suitcases there. From the name tag posted on the room’s door, I found out that my roommate was a Vietnamese called Huyen (it’s not necessary for me to leak out her family name). She was apparently already in the JCR (Junior Conference Room) for the warming-up icebreaker with the mentors. I immediately went there.

Inside, I was amazed by the sight of a lot of teenagers having already set themselves in a circle, and a lot of them were certainly caucasians (blond hair and blue eyes were dead give-aways). They’re playing a game where when you hear your name is announced, you must duck and two people on your sides must direct their gun-shaped fingers to you and shout ‘BANG!’ outloud. The person who loses is the one who is late to duck, or if one of the two shooters loses in speed in saying ‘BANG!’ and ends up getting shot by the other person.

And at first, I know absolutely nothing about the game, I just knew that they’re shouting some foreign words to each other *some of the names are very unfamiliar and weird*. And when my name was announced, I just stood there, shocked to death, when both people next to me yelled my ears off with a very loud ’BANG!’. And some embarassing moments later, I was told to sit because I apparently had ‘lost’ the game.

After that, I got to meet with Huyen, my Vietnamese roommate, and she was veeery awesome! I instantly took a liking to her.

Night came fast, we were told to procede to the Dining Hall. Seated in my respectable group, dinner served, words were exchanged, before a Welcome Speech was delivered by the head of the programme. She told us about our daily basic activities and introduced us the mentors one by one. They’re all quite young adults, age between 19 to 22, most of them were still in university studying different majors.

After informing that curfew was strictly on 11p.m. and activities would start on 9a.m., we were dismissed to our respective rooms. I got to know Huyen more as we exchanged some informations about our countries, we were practically amazed at how close our countries are from each other yet how different.
I think that’s it for introduction and my opinion on the first day! I still have tooooons to tell you about, but I decided that I don’t need to bore you any longer! XD Next few posts would still be centering around this particular topic but don’t worry, they’re all awesome and inspiring stories!!!

p.s. please do not copyright, illegally pirate, or mention some contents directly acquired from this site for your personal interests. The reason is because you will make such mouth-watering profit from announcing this awesome blog’s content alone! And I’m too cheap to give you credits for it! >:D

DATTEBAYO!!!

~Woe Is Her @ HinagikuHaven~

No comments:

Post a Comment